Followers

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Clean Here or Clean There

After breakfast and a few chores,  we started to clean.  Carol had the vacuum and I had the broom in the kitchen.   I tipped the sofa back and held it while Carol vacuumed under it.  Carol wanted me to clean the bathroom.  Some water spilled and the floor was wet.  I was on hand and knees and did the mopping.  We got things pretty clean.

After we finished the house cleaning I walked our to greenhouse two and started the second chapter of cleaning.
I started digging the purslane but changed from shovel digging to pulling up the purslane.  With the shovel I dug up a lot of soil.
This is how it looked after the cleaning.  Now will get it ready for some new planting.
I
I put all the purslane and other weed in house two composting bin.
A view of the north end of house two.
A view of the south end of house two.  By now it was getting pretty warm in hose two so I begin to work in house six.  The fans were running that helped some to keep it cooler.
 Much of work was pruning off the cucumber branches.  Above is a short branch with a small cucumber hanging down.  And directly above is the end of the branch which can't be seen.
This is the same picture.  A blue line shows where I cut it off.
I was wrong.  The blue line is across a leaf.  The branch headed in and upward direction is cut
Another example in the above picture.
 Inside of the blue circle and another cutting.  Normally I would cut the branch where it leave the mother plant.  There is usually another cucumber developing at the first node.  I cut above then node and have an extra cucumber.
I picked a bunch of cucumbers and wrapped them in plastic.  I modified the plastic holder and the cutting board.  I can bring it in the house and do it quite quickly.
I finished the day building a saw horse.  I watched a YouTube video on how to build it.  I used old weathered 2x24's  I build the I beam as shown above out of three 2x4's.
I finished it before a late supper.
After supper made three snail traps.  I used empty cat food cans.  I made the hole, put the can in the hole. and put another can on top of the one in the hole to keep soil from getting the hole during the backfill.  I filled each can with beer which we bought at the market in Fillmore.
I put out three traps.  The one above is locate on the north side of the center isle in the tomatoes.
This one is by the pepper plants near the west end of house six.
The chickens have been scratching on the edge of a compost pile outside of house six by the west door.  The dug out some compost.  I dug out a little more with the shovel.  It looks pretty good.
Picture some ripe and ripeining Yellow Banana tomatoes.
The photo shows a bunch of green Yellow Banana tomatoes.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment