Followers

Monday, August 19, 2019

Market Sign

Monday is wash day.  Saturday, Sunday laundry, and the sheets.

After that is done I worked in house six.  I dropped all the tomato plants on row five.  I also pruned the lower leaves.  I picked nine good cucumbers and killed the small snails on the pepper plants on the west end of eight.

After lunch, I started to make the apparatus that will hold the signs advertising our farmers market.  I only got a few pictures.
I took an old sign that we used in Delta many years ago.  A trim went all away around and was held in place by rusty finishing nails.  I pulled out all the nails.  The sign was covered with a lot of dirt and dust.
I put it on the ground swept both sides with a stiff old broom.  Plywood was a half sheet 4x4 feet.  I took into the garage and cut it in half with the grain.  I cut it into four pieces the two smaller pieces were 14x22 inches wide.  The other two were 22x31.5 inches wide.

I sanded both sides of each piece with 40 grit sandpaper.  That removed more dirt and a lot of old paint.

I had an appointment at the garage to have the oil changed.   I got there at three.  I walked up to the computer store with some questions on my I-pad.  He said I would need to get a new one.  I walked back to the garage.  Our car was not ready.  I was gone for two hours.  I got some poster board at the market and paint brushes at Roper's. I then came home and worked on the sign holder.
This is the finished piece.  It is standing upright on the base.  After super I made the signs on poster paper.

I was working in house six and discovered deer tracks.

More deer tracks inside of the blue circle.
The paint was pretty old.   I removed the lid and stirred and stirred and finally removed most of the lumps.

I painted both sides with the black pain and finished the painting
I picked a whole bunch of cucumbers, which  I usually pick every day.
I mounted the signs.  It looks pretty good.

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment