Followers

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Getting Ready for Backyard Farmer's Market

As soon as breakfast was over and dishes cleared.  We went out to dig weeds in the North Garden.  Carol and I dug weeds for over an hour.  It soon got hot.
I pulled all the beets in the raised beet bed.  I put them on the wheel barrow and hauled them to the compost between the north and south gardens.  I dumped it and then cut and twisted off the beet tops.
Later I washed off most of the soil.  I ended up with two buckets full of red beets.

I pulled and cut weeds in the south garden.  After lunch I picked tomatoes and cucumbers and pulled salad onions and dug some leeks.  I cleaned the onions and leeks.  I had to get this done by 5:30 which was the time that the farmer's market would begin.  Everything was ready except the tomatoes.  The first customer was soon there and I was able to get some tomatoes ready.
The table looks pretty good.  I used the card table.
then two wheeled cart for display.  There was only four customers and they spent about ten dollars each.  I will do it agaom

No comments:

Post a Comment