Followers

Monday, August 26, 2019

Three Day Weekend

Saturday:
It is our temple night.  I did the morning chores.  The three woodworking shows that I usually watch were not on.  Instead they were having a celebration for fifty years of the show.  I worked in the yard and greenhouses most of the morning.
The peas that I planted some time ago and are really doing well.  I put these two welded wire cages so they would have something to climb.  It most likely will freeze before we can harvest some peas.
The deer have been eating our grape vines.   I think that this happened a couple of weeks ago, because they are growing new leaves.
 I was setting on the driveway next to the garage when Cody Carter drove by on his horse.  The horse was quite troubled.  He got off and adjusted the saddle.  He didn't see me. He then mounted the horse and rode away.

We picked some tomatoes and cucumbers and took them to our new neighbor, Jeff Williams.  He built a garage and a home across the road and a little bit to the west.  We had a nice visit and had a tour of his garage.  He restores older cars.
Monday which is today:  I picked the cucumbers.  I didn't think that there would be very many, but I picked fourteen.  They are in the sink to be washed.
After washing I they are in the other sink draining.   I put them on a towel to the left of the sink.
I set up my wrapping jig which make wrapping pretty easy.   Shot cucumbers are laid Parallel to the cutting board.  More plastic wrap is pulled out for longer cucumber.  They are laid on the wrap at an angle.
One cucumber was so long that I cut it in half and wrapped each half separately.  I should have cut off the stem end, which would make it shorter.
A stack of wrapped cucumbers.
 I forgot to give the Masner's the bucket of vegetables.  So it did this morning.  Cucumbers salad onions, red peppered, tomatoes, and some eggplants.      
The full bucket above.  There are two containers of cherry tomatoes.  

I got the shop vac out sucked up a lot of yellow jackets.
I had a little extra time tonight so I dug up all of these crabgrass.
The same place about fifteen minutes later. Crabgrass is one weed that his hard to kill.  Digging it up is easy,  but there are a lot of seeds left in the ground.
The Russian Sage is doing really well.  The one in this photo come up from a seed.
The one in this picture was planted many years ago and is doing extremely well.  I didn't get time to prune it.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment