Followers

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Finished My Workbench

There was several things that I wanted to do today.  After breakfast I fertilized the pots and geraniums.  The leaves are quite yellow and there is not much blooming.  I turned on the greenhouse fertilizer and did some watering and got some garden fertilizer for the plants.  By the time I got back to the house, Carol had done the pot watering.  I put the sprinklers on the kidney and by Carol's bedroom window.
I picked the veggies for Jim and Carol Masner.   The box contains cucumbers, new carrots, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
Carol suggested that I also give them some eggplants.  They are in the top of the box.  Jim came by and picked it up a little later.
This morning there were several large volunteer cucumber plants in the location of the photo above.  The were climbing the tomato plants.  They went right over and through the pepper plants where their big leaves hid almost everything,  I had to cut them in pieces and their tendrils was rapped around each other and the pepper and tomato plants.  It took quite some time to gather them up and take them outside.
Here is another photo in a different direction.  Each day if would kill dozens of little snails.  I discovered baby snails on the cucumber leaves.  The leaves hid the adult egg layers and new baby snails were finding the pepper plants who were strictly vegetarians.  This evening while it was still light, I didn't find and snails.
The yellow jackets have been terrible.  One the north wall above the garage door were swarms of yellow jackets.  I got a stepladder and a flyswatter and missed.  The yellow jackets flew all over.
There is a heavy door in house three that I found at the dump.  Robert was with me and we put it in the truck.  We also loaded some paneling on the truck. I used the two wheel cart and easily pullet it to our drive where I remove the doorknob.  I watched a video that showed how to do it.  It wasn't that easy.  The knob was pretty old and I couldn't released the knob.  I opened the door the way that a criminal would break into a house.  I got a large piper wrench and turned the know until it broke. A thief could have done it much faster than me.
I backed the car out of the garage and wheeled in the door.  Carol helped me lift it onto the sawhorse that I make earlier this week.  The sawhorses were too tall.  Is there an easy way to determine how much to cut off each of the eight legs.
The "how" came to me pretty quick.  I cut a 2x2 to the right length to hold the door to the right elevation.  I then turned the sawhorse upside down and slid it nest the door.  I held a speed square to the bottom edge of the door and drew a line.  You can see the line the right leg.  I cut the legs shorter and did the same to the other sawhorse.
For some reason two legs were too short.  I measured all legs from the north side.  To fix it I glued two small piece to the short legs.  From a distance it looks pretty good.
Carol fed the cats and the two kittens.  There is one kitten on the left and another one on the right.
Here I caught the kittens looking up.
I took two wheel cart back to house three, and found hundreds of yellow jackets on the west side of house three.  They were under the drip line of the elm tree next to that greenhouse.
Here is a fuzzy closer look.
This is looking up from inside of house three.  The little specks are yellow jackets.
I picked the cucumber plants.  The ones on the left are grade "A"  and those on the right are graded "B".
The yellow jackets are really bad.  I sprayed these with WD-40.  It quickly kills them.
Here I have circled the three nest that was on the underside of this pallet.

Late this evening I sprayed two yellow jackets nest the I found earlier in the day.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment