Followers

Friday, August 23, 2019

Cooler Day - House Six Cool

After breakfast, I watered the pots and baskets.  I then went to house six and picked a bucket of Gladiator tomatoes.  I picked some two days ago for the market.  Both together made a bushel.  These are far Alicen Johnson.  She picked them up this afternoon.
Much of the time in house six I was pruning and lowering the tomato plants.  Two plants were lowered and the stem broke.  I don't know if the plant will survive or not.  
The above photo shows how these lemon boys are pruned and lowered.
I pruned off a lot of leaves.  The lower leaves are not need for fruit ripening.  It is much easier to see and pick tomatoes.

I took one load of weed killer and went after the weeds in the north and south gardens.  I was on my hands and knees pulling the weeds out of the squash plants.  I run water down the row which made it much easier to pull the weeds.  Also the water caused the squash bugs to come out of hiding and climbing on the vines.  There were about five bugs.  Two were young and one was pretty mature.  I squashed them
I run across the puncture vines in the north west corner of the north garden.  Instead of spraying them I came back with the shovel and dug all of them up. I then put them in the garbage in the garage.
The seeds have several sharp spines that stick to many different things.  I made every effort not to step on them, but I still did.  The above shoes show the seeds stuck to them.
 I watered the melons and watermelons.  A couple of the melons are getting larger.  These are plants that Robert grew.  This one has green flesh.
 The watermelon is about the size of a softball.
The melons are growing pretty good.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment