Followers

Friday, August 9, 2019

Whipping and Weeding

I dug three hills of new potatoes the first thing this morning.  I washed them a five gallon bucket which worked pretty good.   Carol is making a potato salad for the family golf tournament.  After breakfast I got the weed whip working.
I cut all the weeds west of our driveway.
While there I found several large goat head plants.  This one is almost under the gamble oak tree.  I then turned around and
cut the weeds east of our driveway.  The length of east is twice as long as the west.
North of house six is a plant growing with these small yellow flowers.  I transplanted them from another location quite a few years ago.  I saw them one other time and but thought that it had died.  Surprise, this wet spring has brought it back.
I sprayed all of the bindweed in the north garden and next to the road.
 I then went to the far south and cut down all the weeds there.  They were mostly wild lettuce.  They were really tall and were branched because I cut them down several months earlier.
There were a lot of tree branches and some broken limbs in the corner.  I made several trips to the trailer with some branches in my hands.
I the filled the wheel barrow with what I would call sticks.  They would make a nice fire.  I thought about it, but because of all of the dry and dead grass and weeds around, the thought quickly left. 
There were a lot of drip tape east of the of the far south garden.  Several months ago I pulled the tape across the lawn to the truck.  I then would fold them up and put them in the truck.  Today I wrapped them around my elbow and thumb.  I tied them with the last couple of feet.
While I was watering the two small cherry trees and one prune tree, I cut and pulled the weeds.

I put my welder on sale on Face Book.  Richard, our neighbor, stop by and wanted to buy it.  He said that it was just what he wanted.  I asked $375.  He gave me $380 and took it home.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment