Followers

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Pruning and Canning

Carol was anxious to start making salsa sauce.  She began by washing the tomatoes,  cutting the onions, cutting the peppers.  While this was going on she started breakfast, boiling the eggs, and making toast.  She ate some and then canned some, etc.
We were almost finished and I got a photo of Carol with the last of the tomato peeling.  I turned them all into juice with the food processer.  We put them in a large kettle and cooked them for nearly an house.  Carol put them in the pint bottles and cooked them for fifteen minutes.
There they are all twenty-nine quarts of salsa.
She then made seven pints of pickled red beets.
This is the salsa and the pickled beets lined up on the counter.  I always print labels with the date, bottle content and I put on most labels Carol's name.
I cleaned the buckets and tubs use in yesterday afternoon farmer's market. I put them away this evening.
I picked this large pineapple tomato for lunch.  Instead of eating it, I decided to let it ripen up a little more.

I picked sixteen burpless cucumbers.  I also pruned large branching and hooked them to the twine trellis.
We drove to Fillmore to deliver a bucket of veggies and to buy some gifts for the family golfing tournament.  We also, bought some groceries at the market.  I took photo of produce for a price comparison that I charged at my farmer's market.  I sold my produce for a lot less.
A plastic box of Juliet tomatoes.
The price of the box of tomatoes.
The price of salad onions.
This evening I tied up the rest of the egg plants on the south side of house six.
White egg plants.
The twine.
Two white egg plants with deep holes made by snails.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment