Followers

Monday, August 5, 2019

Cleaning and Picking

Last night Carol mentioned that the kitchen floor needed cleaning.  After breakfast I swept the kitchen floor and started to mop.  It was hands and knees on the floor.  Carol was doing the washing while I was mopping.  It was about 9:30 when I finished the kitchen floor.

I went to house two and did the watering and picked three cucumbers.  I then proceeded to house six where I picked more cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and a verity of other tomatoes.   While I received a call from Robert Reidhead, from Zion's Bank called and wanted some tomatoes and cucumbers.  I continued to pick.  I had a bucket of cucumber and another bucket of tomatoes.  About and a hour later I got a call from Carol, she reported that he was there.  I carried all of the pickings to the house.  It took several trips.
The two buckets were full.  He took half the cucumbers and tomatoes, which left two buckets half full, or as some may say, half empty.  He took two cartons of tomatoes.

Carol needed some groceries at the market and we got gas for the lawnmower and filled the car with gas.  We then went to the car wash.  Our car was pretty dirty and the windshield and the front of the car is covered with bugs who met their death by being in front of our moving car.
As we drove into Fillmore we passed trucks striping the highway.   When we left the market to go to the car wash, we were behind the painting trucks.  The painting truck was way ahead and the one in front of us was driving slowly to allow the paint to dry.  We washed the car; got the gas and drove home.  After lunch I removed the hoses from the lawn and began to mow.
I always start mowing the front lawn,  The grass was pretty tall.  I filled the catcher and dumped the grass in house six.  It helps to control the weeds and prevent water loss through evaporation.  The above photo is after I finished mowing.  I dumped the bag on the left and then took the one on the right into house six.
By this time it was time to let the chickens out of the hen house.  They always walk through the mulberry bush.  I got the photo of one hen.
I did all the trimming with my weed whip.  I hadn't trimmed for along time the about photo shows the front side walk.  I blew off the trimmings with my blower which is one of the best tools that I own.
I was walking through the sweet corn and picked an ear of corn.  To my surprise, it was ripe.  Carol cooked it.  The ears aren't all that big, but tasted really good.

I received a call from a lady in Fillmore who wanted to by a large black post.  While I was having lunch she came and I sold on of the large black pots for one dollar.

Our jade plant has tipped some and needs to be straighten out.  Carol mentioned it to me.  I had to take out most of the soil.  I put the soil in a tub.  I made quite a mess on the floor, but finally got it fixed.  I tied twine to the trunk of the plant and them back to the edge of the pot.  I did it on the four sides.

 
Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment