Followers

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

The Biggest Harvest So Far

I went outside this morning as it was getting light to start the harvest.  I was interrupted by three deer.
The doe and her fawn was in the back yard a little to the left and behind the cherry tree.  I was behind the pine tree by our patio.  Tiger, our cat, was at my feet.  I took the above picture.  The fawn started walking towards me.  I think that he was most interested in Tiger.
He keeps coming my way.  My smart phone didn't work right.  It kept turning off or switching to the selfie mode.
This is the last photo that I got.   He walked next to me and his nose was about six inches from tiger.  I think that it would have eaten and apple out of my hand if had one.
I scared them away and they went into our neighbors yard to the west of us.   There were three deer in total.
I built a wasp trap our of a bucket and window screen that I made into a funnel.  I had made the funnel several years ago.
The plums are getting starting to get ripe.  I picked some and took them into the house to ripen a little more.  The yellow jackets are eating the ones that fell to the ground.  The next picture are of what I harvested.
These are called Cherry Plum.  They are shaped like a Roma, but are much smaller.  They are juicy and sweet.  I can eat one in two bites.
These are Black Cherry.  This is my favorite cherry tomato.
Bell peppers, Anaheim peppers,  and Jalapeno peppers.
The is a yellow jacket nest in the electrical panel at the east end of house six.  One fell into a cob web on the greenhouse floor.  The black widow came right over to it and killed it.
Two totes of Lemon Boy tomatoes.  They are sweet and juicy.
 I had a 12:30 appointment with the dermatologist.  He dug out some more cancerist tissue on my temple by the right ear.  He scraped some tissue off an other cancerist on my neck on the left sign.
 This is a strange looking cucumber.
I cut a bunch of boxes in half and put each half
We put most of everything that we taking tomorrow morning on the kitchen table and bench.
I pulled a bunch of carrots to take to Mesquite, Nevada tomorrow.  
I spray them with the hose and the wetness gives them a shiny shim.
The yellow jackets made a nest in the electric box.  I sprayed them with W-D40.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment