Followers

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Our First Corn Crop This Year

As soon as it was light I picked our sweet corn.  Most of the ears were small.
Carol and I shucked all the corn.  We put the shucks on a tarp.
I carried them out and fed them to the chickens.  They ate corn kernels, earwigs, and sap beatles.0
The zucchini and crookneck squash are doing well.  They were planted late.   No squash bugs yet.
The green arrow peas in house six are doing well.  I planed to make split pea soup out of the over ripe peas.  I started them soaking and put them in the fridge and forgot them.  The next time I looked  the radicals were showing.  A week later I was going to throw them away.  Carol told me to plant them.  The above photo show them and they are looking good.

There is on tall tomato plant that had only one tomato.  I climbed the ladder to lower it .  Then the thought came to mind is to take it out.  I cut if off and removed all of the tomato clips and the twine.
Other plants have a good amount of tomatoes on them.  I lowered them and the above photo shows how close to the ground.  I didn't take any photos of any of the plants that I lowered.  I had to use the ladder to reach the wire.  I also put in some 2x2x8 foot pole to hold up the overhead wire.

I didn't get pictures, but I hung and lowered the tomato plants.  They are so tall I lowered them. I picked the cucumbers and wrapped them in plastic wrap.  They are in the fridge in the garage.  We will take them with us to the family golf tournament.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment