Followers

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Pruning and Hanging Tomato Plants

Five things that I did in house six.  First: I pruned the lower leaves of most of the tomato plants.  Second: I pruned all the branches.  Third: I clipped the new top growth to the twine trellis.  Fourth: I removed all of the rotted and spoiled tomatoes.  Fifth:  I picked about 3 1/2 buckets of tomatoes.
By removing the leaves the tomatoes are easy to see.  Which exposed the fruits making it much easier to find the when harvesting.
All of the pruning and leaves are on the main aisle
The cucumbers are really growing fast.  I also pruned cucumber branches and clipped some new growth to the twine trellis.  An example of the cucumbers is in the photo above.

I turned on both fans this afternoon which made it a lot cooler as the flow through house six from east to west made it fill a little cooler.
I watched some yellow jackets fly under this small table which is in house six.  I turned it over and found the yellow jackets.  I came back in the evening and sprayed them with WD-40.  It is a safe fast killer.  I found two other yellow jacket nests and also sprayed them
Here is a bucket of Gladiator tomatoes.  They are large Roma type tomatoes.


Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment