Followers

Friday, December 13, 2019

Re-stacking Lumber

We had our toast and a boiled egg.  Mayo is mixed with the eggs and put on a piece of toast.  I have relish on mine.  I then eat a bowel of oatmeal mush.
When it was light I went outside and noticed that house two was covered with new poly.  They had removed what  was left of the old poly a couple of days ago.
I removed the clamps off the small table that I finished yesterday.  The table was ridged and it did not rock like it would if one leg was longer than the others.
I put it on its edge and noticed that there was a space between the legs on one side and the top.  The above photo shows it, but it is a little difficult to see.
I used a hack saw blade to remove the dried glue from yesterday.  I put duck tape the underside of the table and the facing skirt to protect it from any glue.  It is clamped to the work bench to let the blue set up.  I wanted to remove it tonight, but what is the hurry.
Some of the glue is visible where the skirt is clamped to the table.  With a wet rag I was able to wipe away some of the glue.
Lisa gave Carol a pot of pretty dahlias.  It looked like they had died at the end of the summer.  I dumped them in the garden and discovered that they were still alive.  The round tubers are clearly visible.  I covered them up and put them back in the garage.
I walked into house two to get some zip ties.  I took the above photo.
I ate the other half of the sweet potato and the large carrot that was baked with the potato.  I shredded them and covered them with salt and pepper and melted butter.  Soooo  good.
Last spring Robert and I made a series of raised beds in house two.  I planted some leafy vegetables.  The hemp guys removed the 2x6's and stacked them  one of the benches.  It took me most of the day to remove screws and nails.  The large pieces were stacked north of house three.
I put the smaller ones on the cart and made a stack on the patio.

We went to Delta for the viewing of Virginia Johnson.  She is the wife of my cousin Tillman.  I was able to meet friends and neighbors.  She was born in 1933.  She is five years older than me.
Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment