Followers

Monday, December 16, 2019

Forgetting & a Visit From the Bray's

Snow during the night and a little this morning.  After breakfast, and some news, and vacuuming.  I then walked across the fresh snow.  About one half inch.

Carol wanted me to put some lights on the arborvitae in the kidney.  I put four web lights.  I worked on that for about an hour.  It looks pretty good.
I worked some on the shed, and this is how it looked this morning.  
I found a good sixteen foot treated 2x6.  I began to prepare a base for it.  Some was frozen and some was muddy.

I needed to go to Fillmore to refill Carol's prescription and get  few groceries, and make a house payment.  I made the payment, went next door and dropped of the pill bottle that needed to be refilled, and went to the Fillmore market and got some milk and butter.  Filling good that I didn't get anything else and didn't stop at Roper's.  I went back to Holden and started to turn down are street.  I forgot to go to the post office.  There were no cars on main street. I backed up and then went to the post office.  I then went home.

I went out to the shed and worked awhile.  After lunch, Carol asked for her meds.  I forgot.  It was a little after one.  I went back to Fillmore.  The pharmacy was closed for lunch and would not be back until two.
I went to the Millard Fillmore Library.  I read a couple of magazines.  
I took a couple pictures of the magazine racks.  When I saw them, I thought,  we have a lot of Ensign magazines.  That would be a nice place to have hours.  The racks were attractive and would make a nice addiction to for our room.  I hope to make some as nice, but without plans, I will make a rack with old lumber that I have.  When I get the dominions right I will use some oak or other hard wood.

I then went back to the drugstore.  I had to wait about ten minutes until druggist got there.
I got a good idea.  I will use some of the pea gravel to make footings for the west wall of the shed.  Problem.  The pea gravel was frozen solid.  I dug at it, hammered it and finally broke it up.  I put it in the wheelbarrow.  
I took it over to the shed and continued to brake it up.
I laid the treated wood out and measured the length.  I used a hand saw to cut it.  There is no power out there.  
I began to lay down the pea gravel.  The frozen pieces were removed.  I finally got the base down and smoothed.
There is a lot of plywood leaning against the shed.  I brought a piece to the patio where I had power.  I plugged in my skill saw and cut the plywood to size.  I then screwed it to the corner and now have one third of the west wall covered.
The view from the outside.  I need to put in one more rafter.  I could measure the length needed for the rafter.  I needed another person to hold tape at one end while went to the other end.  I  measured it in four of five segments and then added them together.  This is where I made a mistake.  The piece that I cut was to short.  It was getting colder, so I put away my tools and will finish another day.

I watched some news, had some supper and began to write.   I barely got started.  I hadn't finished by first line and then there was a knock on the door.  I answered to door.  Andy and dusty Bray and their family were there.  I invited them in.  They brought a Christmas treat.  Dusty saw my lap top and the half sentence.  She wanted to know what I was doing.

We enjoyed their visit.  They read some of the other blogs.


Comments and questions are welcome.  


No comments:

Post a Comment