Followers

Monday, December 30, 2019

First Take Down

As soon as breakfast was over and a little TV news we started to 'take down' or put away then Christmas decorations that are inside the house except our Christmas tree.
The nativity pieces is only symbolic of putting all the decorations away.   We got all of them put away by mid-morning which was about 10:30 this morning.  We have a large tote and a large box for the nutcrackers.  The small nutcrackers were put in the bottom of the tote and the large ones at the top.  The rest of the large nutcrackers were put in a large box.  There were other items that had their own box.  All of these boxes were put in the master bath closet.  There is a tall and large box for the wrapping paper.  There is enough there to last for fifty years.

I worked in the garage on rebuilding the workbench.  After lunch I helped Dustin Smith start the shredder.  There were some hemp plants that were inferior and had to be destroyed.
I went to Fillmore to pay the insurance on our house.  I also, bought a drill bit to make a hole a little smaller than the threaded caster.

As soon as I got home I started working on the workbench.  I made one leg of the bench 26 1/16 inches loon out of two 2x4's.  I screwed them together.  I made a dado in the leg for a piece of oak which will hold the caster securely to the leg.  I made it with a piece of scrape 2x4.  It took several trials to get it right.


Comments or questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment