Followers

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Finished Shed

This morning I paid some of the bills.  I use bill pay.  I schedule the payments for the first of the year.  That took awhile.  I shredded all of the envelopes and unimportant papers.
This is a picture from yesterday.  This is how the shed looked when I went out this morning.   I cut a small piece of plywood to fill in what looks like a door way.  The opening is thirty-five inches wide.  I cut one that was eighteen inches tall and screwed it into place.  I found another piece that was nearly four feet tall.  I cut off a defective edge at the table saw.  I screwed it into place.  I needed one more piece.
It was cut to fit the slope of the roof.  The top edge was not straight.  I cut a straight edge at the table saw. I got a piece of wood and screwed the edge to the plywood.  I run it through the saw and ended up with a plywood piece that fit the space perfectly.  I drove in some screws.
On the other side of the wall, it shows the that stud was on backward.  In the above photo, the stud at the back is on right.  I had to remove it which was more difficult than I thought.  I took out all the screws and removed the top plywood piece.  I removed the screws that held the stud to the base plate.  The bottom of the stud was loose, but the top was not.  I pounded it with a heavy hammer and it still wouldn't budge.
This is how it looks from the inside of the shed.  All of the studs are on the right way.

Outside I removed more screws from the plywood.  I discovered that there was a screw into the rafter holding the stud in place.  I removed the screw and then removed the stud.  I turned it a round and began to put it in to place.  I had to make the notch large ant then was able to get it into place.

This is how it looked after I got all of the pieces back into place held securely with screws.
Here it is all finished except for the corrugated roofing.
I rolled on a tube the extra poly that was cut away from house four.  I put it away in house three.  

The tomato plants in house six are doing really well.   I tied them up a couple weeks ago and they have really grown.  I tied them up again.  Didn't get any pictures.

The weather has been really nice for this time of the year.

This evening Richard came by.  He will go home sometime on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment