Followers

Friday, December 6, 2019

Carol started by wrapping presents.  Also, she did most of the Christmas card.  We have 1 1/2 sheets of labels.  There were a few duplicates and a couple that needed to be removed and a bunch that needed to be updated because they have moved or some have passed away.

The outdoor work started after I had helped Carol.  I went to the shop and figured out what I was going to do.  I had on sheet of sheathing board and I had a couple of spaces on the back wall of the shed.  The two photos from yesterday show the spaces.  They look like windows.
The above photo shows the back wall from the front.  I measured the height of each side of both. windows.  To get them to fit precisely, I had to be accurate in the measurements and precise in sawing.
The photo above shows the back window from the back or from the north side.
I took the wheelbarrow to the shed and loaded up the full last piece sheathing and brought it to the grass in the front of the patio.  There is still some snow on the lawn.  It has been pretty warm and most of the snow has melted.  There is one small patch.
I started with the left window first.  It was the widest.  I used a furring strip as a straight edge to draw the line.  I cut off that piece.  I measured the next piece and use the straight edge of the first one to draw a line on the second one.
The above photo shows the two opening covered.  I put in screws in the posts along both sides.  90 inch 2x4 in half.  I covered the crack the space between each post with a 2x2 screwed it in from the other side where I  was not precise in cutting the boards.  
The photo above shows the two 2x2's.
 
The 2x2x 90 inches long.
 This shows the covered crack from the inside.
 Here is the completed look from the inside.
I put up some verticle braces hold the back wall solid.  They are also 2x2's.
The back of the sixteen foot wall.
I lined up some boards to dry and also hung some of my tools on the wall.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment