Followers

Monday, December 23, 2019

More Power & Shed Work

Monday morning is always wash day.  After breakfast I wrapped two of Carol's presents.  The You Tube video made it look easy, but it wasn't.   We put clean sheets on Carol's bed. She had a late Christmas card she wanted to mail.  I went with her to the post office.  We then took a lot of garbage to the dump.
Shane need more power at the greenhouse.   Trucks from Flowell  Electric were soon in front of our greenhouses.  They installed a larger transformer near the top of  a new power pole.  The next pictures are from different angles while they were doing it.
It is amazing how the could do this with out turning off the power.
They are removing the top wire from the pole.
It looks like there are four people there.  Two in the bucket and two on the ground.
This is the final photo.
Now back to the shed.  One of the studs was to short.  I started to stack some short pieces of 2x4's.  Drive screws through the bottom one into the sole plate.  The through the next on to the one under it. I had planned to use pocket screws to hold the studs in place.
Instead I used the short top plate as a sole plate.  The photo illustrates how this is done.
Here the four studs are in place.  I was much easier than making one long solo plate.
I found some good pieces of 7/16 plywood by the shack..  They were quite heavy, but I carried them to the shed.  I had to stop a couple of times, but I made.  I put some screws in the treated wood footing.  One on each end below the plywood.  I rested the plywood on the screws and singlely handed I was able screw it to the studs.  I then put screws through the plywood into all of the studs.
An inside look.
I had to cut the other piece of plywood at an angle.  It fit perfectly.  I screwed it to all of the studs and two the rafter above it.  Tomorrow, I will cover the part that looks like a door opening.

That is all that I got done today.  Our house phone quit working.  I spent some time trying to find out what was its problem.  I called the phone company several times.  The phone company uses automatic answering systems.  I was most irritated.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment