Followers

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Much Progress on the Shed.

Soon after breakfast I began to adjust the lights on the front proch on the right post.  I unwound some of the them and began to rewind them. 
I got it that it looks pretty good.  I then and startd working on the shed.  I got a good start.   Carol wanted to do some shopping and get some money from the bank to use in the Christmas presents for  our kids, grand kids, and great grand kids. 
I left the shed and away we went.  When we got back I started on the shed again.  There were three sheets on the ground covered with snow.  I tried to lift them up, but couldn't.  I went back to the house to get a shovel.  I removed the snow and then was able to stand them up on their edge.
Here is a view from the front.
I got a call from Adam Remkes.  He told me that there was a dead chicken in house four.  I walked through it several times yesterday and didn't see any chicken.  I went through the west door and out the east door.  I turned around and walked the other direction and found it.  It was pushed under some of the boards that made it difficult to see.  I put it in the garage.  This is when we left for Fillmore and was the first time that Carol saw the hen.
There was a large Zelkova tree at the northwest  corner of house four.   I liked that tree but it was quite trouble some.  The weight of a heavy snow caused the crotch.   to split.  Other branch hang down in every snow storm.
Here is the top of a short stump.
I got up the first sheet which is the one on the left.
I fastened some short pieces of wood to the post and then fastened the plate to the piece of wood.  It worked pretty good.
Both sheets are up.  I raised up  the one on a little higher.  I may remove the one on the right tomorrow.  I can raise it up about four inches.
The same view but from the front.  The weather has been pretty pleasant most of the day,  but the ground in some places has been muddy.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment