Followers

Thursday, December 19, 2019

House Temp - 64 Degrees

Strange morning.  I always turn the temperature the first thing in the morning.  Just before we go to bed I set the temperature at 65 degrees.  This morning it was 64 degrees.  I turned it up and down several times and the furnace didn't come on.  I put on my clothes and a coat.  I thought that the battery in the thermostat might be dead.  I replaced the batteries and it didn't help.  A little after seven, I called Andrew Brown who is the one that fixes furnaces.  He was going up north and would stop on at our place on the way.  After breakfast I went under the house to turn the light on.  It didn't come on.  Now, I know that the reason that the furnace would not work was because there was no power.

I checked the circuit breaker several times.  I could see nothing wrong.  There was one switch that was off.  I turned it on and nothing happened.  I turned it back off.
I went back to  circuit breaker.  There is not much light.  When I had my flashlight on, I could see that the bottom of the list was no. 14.  It was off.  I turned it on and the furnace came on. By now the temperature was 62 degrees.  I took a couple hours to warm up.  

We drove to Fillmore so Carol could get and other container of eye drops.  That didn't take long.  We then came right home.
I began working on the shed.  The sole plate wasn't long enough to reach the last stud from yesterday and the corner post on the left.  I cut a piece out and needed put a piece 11 15/16 inches long.  I got one and it was too tight.  I cut off a little bit.
I made it out of an treated wood.  It was a perfect fit.
I cut the two studs at the proper length.  I had to make a notch so it would fit the rafter.  I did the horizontal cut on the table saw
and the vertical cut on the miter saw.  It was  pretty easy.  Somewhere in this project I stopped for lunch.
I pre-drilled holes in the sole plate.  The studs were attached to the sole plate with screws
I screwed a small piece of plywood to hold the studs in place. You see it in the photo. I then carried it to the shed and put it in place.  It was not a perfect fit, but good enough.
                                            
It is now ready for the next sheet of plywood.  I had one on the cart.  I had a clipboard where I measure the opening and wrote it down.  I drew a line where I would cut it to fit.  I cut it and took it back to the shed.  It was five inches and would not fit.  I carried it back to the patio.  I measured the space correctly, but I measured the plywood five inches too long.  I cut four inches off the bottom.
This time it fit. It is hard to hold it in place and drive in a screw.  I drove in a screw into the footing board which held the plywood in place.  I then drove in a bunch  of screws.
The clamp held the plywood to the stud while I drove in some screws.

I cut the last piece and leaned it in place.  This used plywood was painted green when we  had a summer retail outlet in Delta.   The photo is the west side from the out side.
The above photo is the west side taken from the inside.  The studs are two feet centers. The space between the corner post and the stud at the right is about twenty-eight inches apart.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment