Followers

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Sad Ending of a Perfect Day

The day started early for us as.  We went to the Manti Utah temple for our shift early this morning.  After a good day we came home.  We were home a little before one.  Usually we eat at the temple, but today we hurried home and had lunch at home.

I let the chickens out.  They quickly left the hen house and walked around the yard.
I haven't visited the greenhouses for several days, and was interested in seeing how things were going.  Above the small hemp plants are being cared for.
Near the back door there were a lot of feathers from one of our gray hens.  I followed a trail of feathers.
In the back yard by the plum tree I found the dead hen surrounded by tracks from  a large dog.
I put a black sharpie next to some of the tracks to indicate the size of the tracks.  lighter color is about 3 1/2 inches long.  The dog tracks would be about three inches wide.
I found feathers from one of the red hens on the bottom step of the front porch.  
I worked several hours on the front of the front porch.  I put three stands of lights on the yew plants on each side of the stems.

When if was cleaning up, two hens came from the west and stopped momentarily before going south to the hen house.  The red hen found it way into the hen house.  The gray hem would not go.  I had to chase it to the east side where it went in.   I locked them in the hen house.  There are two hens in the coop, three missing, and the dead one.

Comments and questions are welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment