Followers

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Canned Peaches

I picked more peaches this morning and then we drove to Fillmore.  We got gas, groceries, Some cash at the bank, prescription at the drug store, and lawn fertilizer at Roper's.

When we got home we started canning the peaches.  Carol did most of the work.  She scalded and peeled the peaches.  


We got nine pints of peaches.  One didn't seal.  It is in the fridge.
I was getting ready for four chickens.  A racoon or a skunk crawled under the poultry wire and killed and ate three chickens.  I put cement blocks in front hoping to stop them from crawling under.
The were so many grape vines and grapes that it was impossible to completely open the door.  I pruned away the vines.  And pruned away all of the grape clusters.  
I couldn't reach all of the grapes.  I got a ladder and got most of the grapes that were left.  I filled this bucket.  We haven't decided what to do with them.  That will be tomorrow.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment