Followers

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Picking the Garden

It rained some during the night and everything outside was wet.  As soon as breakfast was over I began picking the Blue Lake Pole beans  in the cattle panel hoop.  I kept shaking the panels to get off the rain water.  I picked a bucket full.

Karen Bennett needed some.  She was making some ketchup.  I too the two buckets to her.
I picked the zucchini plants and took them to the post office.  Some people in this town like the freshly picked zucchini.
The rain softened the ground some.  I dug up three hills of potatoes.  The ground was soft for about five inches.
Our neighbors to the north of us have two dogs.  They were loose and come over to our place.  They chased the cats up the trees.
The two dogs are barely visible behind some shrubs.  The lady that lives there came over to get the dogs.  She told them to go home, but they didn't.  She apologized.  We had a short visit.  She then said they won't go home unless she went with.  She then left with her dogs.
I took some plants to greenhouse five to protect them from freeze.  I can't turn on the furnace because the gas is turned off.  The valve is circled.
I covered the topaz melons with black weed barrier to protect them from the frost.
Here I covered the watermelons and scrimshaw melons.
The celebrity tomato plants are covered here with a double layer of frost protection fabric.
The two lemon plants and the pomegranate bush in house five.
I picked all of the Blue Lake bush beans.
I picked a two buckets of apples.  These we will turn into apple sauce.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment