Followers

Friday, September 17, 2021

Trapped Skunk

Richard Johnson called this morning just as it was getting light.  He wanted to know if I caught a coon.  I took out a flashlight and it wasn't a racoon, but a skunk.  I looked on You Tube videos how to get a skunk out of the trap without getting sprayed.  A little after breakfast I called Richard Darnell and reported to him that I got a skunk.

I took this picture, but it is pretty fuzzy.  Later I cleaned my phone with Windex.  It was quite dirty.  Richard Darnell went into the hen house.  The skunk appeared to be rather calm.  He carefully took his pistol and shot it in the head.  It didn't spray, there was skunk smell in the hen house.
After the skunk died, he brought out the trap and skunk and put it on the lawn.  We put the skunk in a large black garbage bag.  He took it to the dump.
Carol asked me to cut down the sunflowers in the dry garden by the road.  I put the sunflowers on a compost pile.
The is a Salvia dorrii growing in that garden.  I collected all of the seed pods and put them in the garage to dry.  
This pan held the anti-freeze that I used hoping that the racoon would drink it and die.  That did not happen.  I dumped it out and cleaned the pan.
Here is a better picture of the trap.  We drove to Fillmore this evening for some groceries. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment