Followers

Monday, September 20, 2021

New Trap

Breakfast is over.  I put on a light jacket and picked Blue Lake pole beans, tomatoes, peppers, and a cucumber.  The weather forecast was for frost so I picked every thing that was ripe in the garden. We gave the beans, some bell peppers, and two buckets of tomatoes to Ann Stephenson.  We gave the other bucket of tomatoes and some peppers Carla Callins. I didn't have her phone number.  I drove to her house and brought her back.  She picked out what she wanted.

Just west of the garage I found this animal poop.  I think that it is skunk scat.
Here are the bell peppers.  They have really done well this year.  They are big and crisp.
I picked three buckets of tomatoes.
Here are all of todays harvest except the beans and the one cucumber.
The apples have been falling on the ground all fall.  Most are bruised or damaged in some way.  I made many trips to the back of the garden.
where I dumped them.
Cloyce Smith brought his skunk trap over.  A skunk has killed and eaten four chickens.  He baited the trap with some marsh mellows and dry cat food.  He put it the back end which is on the left.  A wire holds the trap open.  The skunk go inside its weight will the left end down allowing the door to close.  The small board at the right end prevents the door from opening.  It really works.  I caught one of our kittens.  I removed the kitten and re-baited the trap.  I will find out in the morning if I get a skunk.
The rubber rabbit brush is really pretty at this time of the year.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment