Followers

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Peaches and More Peaches

As soon as it was light,  I checked the hen house.  

The two chicken breast that I put out last night were gone.  They were in the pan of anti-freeze.  

When breakfast was over I went out to the orchard and began picking peaches.  While I was doing this, Carol was boiling water  and getting eighteen pint bottles ready for canning. 

Here Carol is getting the first batch ready to put in the boiling water.  When it came back to a boil, she set the timer for twenty minutes.
Here Carol is peeling the peaches.  The were put in boiling water for a couple of seconds which made it easy to peel.  I picked some peaches from the tree in the north west corner of the garden.  They are in the pot on the left side of the photo.  They are smaller and not as sweet as the peaches from the orchard.
Finished.  Eighteen pints.  I put printed labels with the date.  We had fried onions, peppers, zucchini and and meatloaf for supper.  The were very good.  this evening I put an open can of cat food in the hen house to see if the racoon would come back. I watered every thing in the garden.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment