Followers

Friday, March 22, 2024

Neighbors

 I didn't plan on sleeping in this morning.  When I got up, I weighed, showered and said my prayers.  I opened the blinds and fed the cats.  I turned on the morning news.  Carol got up and showered.  I started breakfast.  We watched the morning shows on channel 44. The TV signal was dropped from time to time which made it hard to follow the story line. After lunch we watched another show. When it was over I went to work by the well.  The pictures are in a random order.

I cut down a small poplar tree.  It was about eight inches in diameter.  Later I painted the stump with round-up.
There were electrical wires from the power source to the pump that was 100 feet near the bottom of the well.  There is another wire that goes to the pressure regulator.  It is in the white PVC pipe.
I cut down a Russian olive tree.  It didn't fall the way that I wanted it to fall, it fell on me and knocked me down.  One of the thorns went into the side of my right arm and another went into the back of my left hand.  Both bled a lot.  The one on my hand required a band aid to stop the bleeding.
This a piece of shade fabric.  I put them on top of a greenhouse.  It helps to keep the greenhouse cool in the hot summer.  I put it in back of the truck.
While I was cutting down a small Russian olive tree the chain came off. the tree fell on me, and I fell over.  It took me a long time to get the chain back on. 
This box was full of yellow jacket wasps.  I sprayed it with WD-40.  Later we opened it.  The wasps were all dead.  
I threw the branches from the Russian olive tree in a pile north of the tree.
Here is a couple of feet of the Russian olive tree that fell on me.  Later I cut it off near the ground and treated it with round-up.

My neighbor helped me to get the well to work, He helped me for over an hour.  We concluded that the pump wouldn't work and need to be replaced.  I called Rhodes pump sales and service.  They didn't answer.  I left a message concerning the pump.  After supper we watched TV until we went to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment