Followers

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Robert Came

I slept in again this morning.  It was about 7:15 when I got up.  I showered, dressed and prayers.  I fed the cats and started breakfast.  I had my regular breakfast and scrambled an egg for Carol.  I then watched the channel seven woodworking videos.   Robert came while I was watching the third one.  We then went to work in the nursery and garden.   The following photos are in a reverse chronological order.  

Robert is pruning the apple trees.  The next time he comes he will get a ladder so he can cut off the high branches.  He surprised me by starting the tractor.   I didn't think that it would start in such cold weather. The scoop was already attached.
There is a lot of native shrubs that we don't like growing here.
He dug them up.  He kept going back and digging at a different spot until all were up.  We will see if we can get a permit from the town to burn them.
Here is a better photo of what he is doing.
Two of the tractor tires are low.  He drove to the front of the garage where the compressor is located.
Here Robert is driving the tractor to the garage.
We transplanted the Detroit red beats.
Robert is planting another tray of the Detroit red beats.  I came back and watered them.
Here he is transplanting the beats.  I was removing the small beat plugs while he was plant them in the wet soil.
Robert fertilized the green arrow peas vines with granular nitrogen.  He is watering them with the garden hose. 
He is tilling a place for the Detroit red beats.  I had a can of soup for supper.  Carol had scrambled eggs and bacon.  For dessert we both had apple sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment