Followers

Monday, March 26, 2018

A Day at the Hospital

Not much focus on wood or the gardens today.  The emphases is on Carol, my wife, and her illness.

This has been an eventful 24 hours.  But it really started Saturday.  Carol has been feeling sick. Her back aches, stomach is sore, and she hurts all over. I went to the temple and she stayed home because she didn't feel well. I had a good day at the temple.  We were able to leave the temple seven.  When I got home she was not any better.  She was still feeling sick.

Sunday morning which was last night; she wanted to go to the hospital because she felt so sick. We went to the emergency room. They took her in and gave her an infusion of liquid because she was so dehydrated.. The doctor there was from out of town. We thought it was a kidney infection. They gave her some medication which was supposed to help. We stayed there until about twelve. We then came home and she was told to come back this morning her appointment was at 9:30.


We were there about 9:15. I made a list of things to get while at the clinic.  I'd dropped her off at the at the clinic.  She walked in and I  bought a furnace filter, some PVC things to fix the leaking hose in house six; a hose bib. an air filter for the lawn mower.  I made a deposit at the credit union. I stopped at the bank to talk to Kim.  I then went back to the clinic.  She was taken to the hospital where they did a lot of tests trying to find what was causing the pain or infection.  Later, she was admitted into the hospital. Her nurse asked a lot of questions about medical history and other health procedures that she has had.  They brought her lunch about twelve,  Carol did not want to eat anything.  I ate part of here lunch and then came home.


At home I cut the pipe and put in a gate value. I tried to put the new hose bid in, but the threads were stripped so that I could not do it.  I did all of the watering. .About 5:30 I went back to the hospital and waited with her for a couple of hours. Carol's super was there.  She at part of it and I ate the rest of it.  We watched some TV together.    Doctor Bassett came in to give a report.  He said that they could not find what was causing the infection. After a little while I came home. I then went to the post office and picked up the mail. I called Eric Gray,  Lisa called back a little later.

I bought an air filter for the lawn mower. The old the old filter was full of oil. I found alan wrench and removed the plug.  I got a pan and drained out some oil, then put the plug back in.  I checked the oil again still too much oil. I drained a little more out and check the oil again.  The next time I removed the plug and drained out too much oil before I got the plug back in.  I poured a little oil back into the engine. I finally got it right.   
Got some chicken feed for the chicks and I made a device shown in the picture where I could raise or lower the chicken feeder.  I just hooked the wire on a different screw.  

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment