Followers

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Accomplishments Today

Yesterday, Carolyn Stevens brought me some seeds.  She wanted a little advice in planting them.  I thought that it would be best if I planted them and kept them in the greenhouse.

I have been planting seeds for Carolyn Stevens today I have two trays of jalapeno peppers I planted Rosemary sweet basil, Cilantro/corlander I made labels for them because my penmanship or writing is so bad.    I covered them with vermiculite and I finished watering them. 
The above photo  is  of three trays.  The seeds are covered with vermiculite.  Each tray is divided in to two sections.  The three trays hold the seeds of six different seeds.  There are two other trays out of view.  Jalapeno pepper are planted in six packs.
The above list of seeds is what I planted. It is a photo of part of the spread sheet.  Carolyn's name is in front to identify the provider of the seeds.
I started building brackets for a shelf in house two.  The table they are setting on is covered with tools, and some junk.  A couple of weeks ago, I made five brackets out of 2x4's.  This was much easier because of experiences that I had and the above brackets are made out of severely weathered pine.
I thought that it would be difficult to hold the brackets to the wall because of the problem of driving screws in a tight space.  In stead I made French cleats.  I made the cleats in the garage so I had to walk back to the house several time before I got it right. The black pieces above are the cleats screwed to the wall.
The mating cleat is screwed onto the back side.
The pair of brackets are hanging on the cleats screwed to the wall.
I found an old weathered board that fits perfectly on the on the brackets.
The things on the table are on the shelf or in the garbage.
A couple of times a few chicks went out of the hen house while I was watering or feeding.  I used hook and screw to hold the door shut and on the right is a handle to pull the door shut.
The is a board on the ground on the east side of the hen house.  The board would stop the door.  I shaved the high spot with two handed gouge.
I made the above device to hold east door shut from the inside.  When it is not needed I can hang in on a nail be the door.
I built the bar out of oak to hold the hen house door closed.
West of house five is a flower bed.  I dug out the weeds and pruned the perennials there.
I spent a good half hour looking for the rake.  I finally spotted it west of house four and there were some other tools.



The notes below are taken from my phone.  I haven't learned how two dictate to my phone.


I made these two brackets today because I needed a shelf to put all of our junk on which was the French cleats are finished they're hanging on the north wall of house two.  the first French cleat so I made that are in the garage or at a 45 degree angle I cut these a lot less degree Maybe 35 need to check and see now I need to make the shell to fit on top of these cleats on top of the brackets I found an old piece of picket fence it's a good 12in wide I don't know where it came from but it is working and easy to come back and pick it up really old wood I have screws in them to hold it into place if I were doing it again I would do the screws differently instead of the screw going through the bracket I would have the screw go through the brace then that would have a Tennessee to pull it up tight into place now I'm going to figure out how to hang it on the wall. Now the table is clean it looks good. I just finished making a hook and the latch the latch and hook to hold the dork to the hen house closed. After that with a draw knife I removed some of the wood that was holding the door shut or open.. I prepared my income tax material to take to my accountant. I updated the word history by adding the Relief Society anniversary program period. I watered Roberts plants in-house 6 he has some Kohlrabi growing and several different kinds of lettuce growing in house 6. Between the lettuce he planted another he planted radishes and they are starting to come up now There are a lot of weeds coming up also. On the north side of house. There's a lot of fox tail drawing on the north side of house 6.. the wind is blowing very hard the Pauly is flapping in the Wind. I dug up some of the fox tail weed and in some places it was hard to dig because it's growing in the weed barrier. I built this device looks sort of like a anel upside down to hold the doors for her six the West doors I mean the East doors for her sick to hold those doors open.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment