Followers

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A Cold Day in Holden

It was somewhat lonely home a lone.  Carol spent the night in the hospital.  After breakfast, I checked out houses two, three, and four.  Things looked pretty good.  It was cold with frost on the grass.  The chicks are doing well.
Robert, got a lot seeds from a co-worker at BYU.  I made labels for some of them that are listed above.  My intent was to plant them today, but didn't get it done.  

It was about time to visit Carol at the hospital.  I didn't want to got to late or I would have missed the doctor.  I was there till about eleven.  The doctor came and said that they could not find the cause of the infection that was causing the pain in her back.  An MRI was suggested.  
On the way home I bought some PVC piece to replace the stripped piece from yesterday.  I glued them together.
I use the pipe clamp to hold it ridged.  The screws go through the plywood and into a piece of 2x4 on the other side.
It is put together and is now time for the minute of proof.  I hooked a hose to the hose bib, turned the water on, and it leaked badly and there was only a little of water on the other end of the hose.  I thought that another pipe had broke and water was running away some where else.  Everything was okay.   I took it all apart to see what was plugging off the water.  A lot of pieces of PVC pipe went down the pipe.  When the water was turned on, the PVC dust plugged in the hose bib.  I got that out and still not enough water.  I found a seventy-foot hose and connected it to the hose bib.  There was plenty of water and no leaks.
My next project was to get the lawnmower working.  Yesterday, I got the crankcase oil adjusted right.  I put the air filter over the carburetor.  I tried to start it, but the battery was not good enough to get it started.  It almost did.  I put the battery charger on.  

I went back to Fillmore to visit with Carol.  Lisa was there.  Carol seemed to feel a lot better.  After a couple of hours we left.  Lisa and I ate at Cluffs.   There was a lot of people there.  I had a Bacon and Hambuger and fries. It was not that good.  I ate about half of It. was on for four or five hours. 

It was almost dark when I got home.  I removed the the charger.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment