Followers

Monday, March 19, 2018

Moved Tomatoes and Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Today

Did not get time over the weekend to post.  Carol has had severe back pain  which started about four days ago.  We went to the doctor this morning.  She has a kidney infection and was given a prescription.  She has enough pills for two weeks.
 Friday afternoon, I potted up these four tomato plants.  The name is Pineapple, which is and heirloom tomato.
 The scouts are collecting food for those that have a difficult buying food.  This was put on our step for the pick-up Saturday morning.
I got picture of the baby chicks.  I filled up the mash containers.  The red chicken, at the bottom of the picture, is standing on a butter tub full of mash.  At the top right there is a dream whip container with a chick setting it.
 Leaf miners are eating up the red beats.  You can see the damage.  They were treated last week.  I put up the sticky traps to catch any leaf miner flies.
The above photo is in a different location.
An hour later one of the scouts picked up the bag of food.
 When Robert was here Saturday, he took some radishes home.  There are plenty left.  I harvested a bunch and with the hose I washed them  
I tried different ways of washing.  It seemed to work better when they were in a 17 inch square tray.
There are 105 cells in the above tray.  I transplanted the Pineapple a couple of days ago.  I transplanted the rest of them this afternoon.  I wanted a label in each pot.  I can't read my writing so I took the tray to the house.  I set them by my computer and printed labels for each one.  The labels are on top of the tray of tomato plants.
Above is a pictured of all the tomatoes.  They look a little sickly but will straighten up in a couple of days.
 A close up of some of the latest ones transplanted today.  There is another group to do later.
 I ended up with eight bunches with eight radishes in each bunch.  I took them to the post office and one bunch was left.  I took that one to the Masner's.
The last of the day I did the watering.  I found this amaryllis that was eater by slugs and snails.  I found on small snail and a small slug.  I fed them to the chicks.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment