Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2018

More Work on the Mic Cord


Yesterday, I put out another cat food can with beer.  I checked it this morning, and there were dozens of slugs.  Many of them were very small.  Circled above are two lettuce plants that were eaten nearly to the ground.
 This morning I glued the two halves of the mic cord hanger that I made yesterday together. I put pm the clamps two hold them together.  There was a lot of glue squeeze out and they were slippery and hard to hold in place.  If I would do it again I would dry clamp the together and drill a hole in the top and another in the bottom.  I could apply the glues and stick a couple of dowels through the holes to keep them from sliding.
 I needed a handle for the hanger.  I need two small pieces with the same end grain and the hanger.  I clamped a piece of 2x4 to the table saw blade.  After a few tries I cut a section our of the middle.  I then put the piece on its edge and cross cut of the two pieces.  This method has the possibility of cutting tenons.
I glued the two pieces at the top of the hanger.  After the glue has set and dried I smooth it off two be a place hold on to it to move it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment