Followers

Monday, November 12, 2018

Cold - Truck Won't Start

A cold morning and the rest of the day.  We have seven hens and there was only one egg.  It was in the nest as soon as it was light.  They have laid as much as seven in one day.  Most of the time it ranges from four to six.

I began working in house six but stopped because Carol's doctor appointment.  We got back at twelve.
The radish plants germinated over a week ago.  Today, the red beets are germinating.  You cant see them in this picture, but by next weeks they will be up pretty good.
I was going to plant more beets in a 105 tray, but since the beets planted two weeks ago are coming up.  Instead of that I direct seeded them in this raised bed.
There is a large sprawling tomato plant that germinated from an errant seed.  Instead of training it up a piece of twine, I just let it go.  Today, I pruned it all away except for three branches which I clipped them to the vertical twine.  I made two piles of the branches.   And put some on the compost pile.  There were a lot of green tomatoes and a few nearly ripe ones.
The photo shows three branches.
 Another photo from a different direction.  You can see the twine and a few tomatoes.
This is the last photo.  Here can't see the twine.
This shows the root of the plant.  It is quite big.
I called Richard Christianson about some old large hay bails.  I wanted to haul them to our garden and use them to improve the soil.  He told me that I could have them.  I tried to start the truck, but it was to cold.  I cranked it but nothing.   I hooked the extension cord.  It should heat up the oil so it will start.  I will leave it on for a couple of days.
I cleaned the north side of house six.  I raked it, dug up the weeds and old tomato roots, and tomato plants.  I put them on the shovel, and took them west of house six.
This is what it looks like after if finished.  There is still a need for another light raking.  I am getting it ready for the spring.  I plan on doing the same thing on the south side.
There is an ash tree that dropped it leaves on the same day.  
I blew some leaves that fell on the west side of our driveway into a pile.  I hope to put them in the garden in a couple of days.  
The blower is really handy in moving leave around..
There are two tee posts on the south side of house six that I pulled up.  I dug a small hole around each post and filled them with water.  That softened the soil.  I moved them back and forth, then I was able to easily pull them up.
I finished work in house six and still had a little more time before going to the house.  Above is a photo of a loaded tomahook.  I wound the twine on all of them on the left side


Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment