Followers

Friday, November 2, 2018

Company From Linden

Carol's sister, Nyleen, called yesterday telling us that her and Miles would be seeing us.  He gives me my hair cut.  I started to pull beets for the "share the harvest."  Carol told me that it was time to come in and put on some clean clothes. I stopped and got ready.  They were there soon after.

We drove to Fillmore and decided to eat at Costa Veda.  There was a parking stall next to the front door.  I went to the door and gave it a tug.  It was locked.  There were people that tried the other door.  I looked in through the window; the was not a person in there.
I picked a bunch of beet greens.  I have pulled most of the beets in the raised bed.  I washed them and made around ten bunches.  
The photo above is of the tote that I took to the post office.

We then went back into town and ate at Cluff's   The food was good.  We set at a outside table.  The weather is cool, but pleasant.   We came back home and had a short visit.  I got them a few veggies from the greenhouses.  They then drove back to Linden.
I pulled most of the cucumber plants in house six.  There were a lot of cucumbers on the ground.
I put them on a large compost pile west of house six.
A lot of the cucumbers were still attached when I put them on the compost pile.
I planted a row of radishes then a row of beets, and then a row radishes and then another row of beets. They are planted on the south end of the raised bed.  I pulled out the beets.
This shows the rows after watering.
Lastly I planted the six packs with two corn kernels in each of the eighteen cells.



Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment