Followers

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Finished Pea Trellis - Almost

trellis
I removed a lot of plant material which is now stacked on the compost pile.  Above were bush beans.  The beans were old and tough.  I pulled them to make way for some pole beans.
The Italian parsley was out of control.  I cut some and gave it to the chickens.  They didn't like it much.  The rest went to the inhouse compost pile.
Above is the inhouse compost pile.  Monday, I severely  pruned a tomato plant.  Today, I put the pruned branches on the compost pile.
I carried two 4 x 16 rolls of welded wire.  I cut them into 2 x 16 rolls.  I put three of them together to make 2 x 48 foot rolls.  That is enough trellis for two rows of peas.

I went for a walk and the above photo and the two below were taken during my walk.  Above is a garage or shop someone is making.  They poured the footings and foundation several weeks ago.  The then put in tubing for gas, water, and electrical.  The last couple of days they filled the floor with dirt and gravel.  Soon they will pour the floor.
Above is manger for feeding cattle.  It is identical to what my dad had when I was a boy.
Above is a shed that I found interesting.   I would like something like it, but smaller for some of my supplies.

I watched a video on planting lettuce.  It was recommended that I plant it in six packs.  I have a lot of these.  I filled them full of potting soil and got them soaking wet.  I used my finger to compress the soil in each cell.
I planted one six pack with pole beans.  It is top left corner of the tray.  The other eleven are planted with lettuce.
I covered the beans with thick layer of vermiculite, and lightly covered the lettuce.
The photo doesn't show, but the corn is coming up.


Comments and questions are welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment