Followers

Friday, November 23, 2018

Deer in the Yard Again

Breakfast is over and doing a little kitchen clean-up, looked out the kitchen window and was surprised to see deer on the lawn about thirty feet from the house.  There was a four point buck and five does.  Carol was close by; I told her to look.  She was as surprised as I was.  She saw another doe south of the hen house.
I went outside with my phone to get a couple of pictures.  I walked around the east side of the house and as soon as they saw me, the took off.  I took several pictures,  The above picture is the best that I took.  The deer is in the blue circle.
Carol wanted me to remove all thanksgiving decorations from the front porch.  I put away the pumpkin silhouette.  They are stored in the garage until next year.  The carved pumpkin ended up in the chicken run.  I cut it into smaller pieces for the chickens.
I have propagated three different kinds of tomatoes.  Above is the largest one.  I put it in a #5 nursery can.  I gave it the name of "cherry banana"  but thing I will call it "Banana Tomato".
A couple of days ago I put a two lady bugs on a pepper plant in house two.   At least one of them is still there.
I put the first wire up for the tomatoes for next year.  It wasn't long enough.  I will have to wait another day.
 I started putting up the Christmas lights.  I have some rope lights for the front porch.  I used zip ties to hold the light to a half inch conduit.  Last year I used twine.  The zip ties made it a lot easier.
The lights around the dawn redwood.   These are all LED lights.
I found more LED lights which I wrapped around some of the branches of the Red Bud tree.
The linden tree is decorated with lights wrapped around some large branches.
One blanket light and one string of lights cover the front of this yew shrub.
Tiger, our cat is setting on a branch of the red bud tree.  I wrapped them a little earlier.  I thing he feels she is in a safe place.


To night the phone is missing.  We can't find it anywhere.


comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment