Followers

Monday, November 5, 2018

Cleaning the Pole Bean Trellis


This blog covers Saturday, Sunday, and today, Monday.
Saturday morning, I picked up the tote at the post office, and there was one bunch of beets left.  It was badly wilted.  I brought it home and was going to throw it away, but decided to cook it instead.  I boiled it and put it in the fridge.  When we got home from the temple I warmed it up and in the micro wave.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper and put on a healthy portion of butter.  It was pretty good.  It tasted as though it were freshly picked and boiled

We put a kohlrabi the over with a casserole and squash.  When we got home from church the casserole was nearly done.  After twenty minutes the casserole was done.  the kohlrabi was not tender.  I left it in the over for about 45 minutes.  It was finished and I didn't take it out until supper.
The kohlrabi was pretty old and tough.  I cut off the more tender top and baked it in the over.
 I peeled the kohlrabi and cut half of it into small pieces.  I the salted and peppered it and then put on it melted butter.  It was tender and tasted pretty good.
The half was cut into small pieces and then covered with sour cream.  It tasted good.
I took the red fountain grass that was on the front porch and took it to house two.  I am saving it for next year..  
I pulled a bunch of beets, removed dead leaves, and carefully washed them.  I sorted them in to bunches and held the bunch together with a rubber band.  I made six bunches.  I then picked six nice cucumbers.
A pretty nice tote of vegetable.
The same tote but at the post office.  Yesterday, ended daylight saving time.  When if got home I prepared my lunch.  Instead of lunch at eleven thirty, I started lunch an hour earlier.  I ate left over soup.

There were three bales of straw which I took out to the garden.  I am making a large area covered with leaves, grass clippings, and corn stalks, which I will plant in the mulch and drip irrigate it.
Using the blower, I blew the leaves into a large pile.  It took three tarp loads  to move it out to the mulch garden.  I covered the corn stalks and other plant material with leaves.
I blew the leaves on the west side of the sidewalk across the driveway onto the other lawn and then out to the garden..
The pole bean hoop was covered with dead bean plants.  They need to be remove before a heavy snow would collapse the hoop.  I worked on that for over an hour.  The dead bean plants are gone.
I cut the fountain grass and put in the compost pile.


Comments and questions are welcome.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment