Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Straw Bails over Twenty Years Old


The above photo represents lunch.  The yellow is a winter squash.  Above it is a little portions of  meatloaf.  On the left is a fresh tomato.  It was good.  I melted some butter for the squash.
The are several large bails of wild rye that were there long before we moved to Holden.  I got permission from Richard Christianson to put them on our garden.  I back the truck to it and loaded the truck.
I backed the truck on the driveway and filled the wheelbarrow numerous times and put them on the garden.  There are enough bails for many more loads.
The photo above shows the wild rye.  I am getting quite a wide row there.  I hope to do some of our planting there.  
I filled the tarp twice with leaves and carried them to the garden.
Here the leaves are covering the wild rye.  I do this to help keep the straw from drying out during the winter.

Late this afternoon we drove to the Bishop's storehouse in Fillmore for honey, chocolate drink mixes, and peanut butter.  We will use them for Christmas presents for our grandkids.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment