Followers

Monday, November 19, 2018

Bringing in the Strawberry plants

We drove to Fillmore to purchase some birthday cards.  We also stopped at the State Bank of Southern Utah and opened up a checking account.  We opened one for me and one for Carol.
I harvested this kohlrabi in house two Sunday morning.  I cut off the stem end.  We were baking potatoes, and banana squash.
I wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven.
I peeled the tough skin and then cut it in half. and  put it in a zip bag and then put it in the fridge.
The above plate has banana squash, cabbage, and then shredded the kohlrabi.  I put it in the micro wave onion.  Buttered it with melted butter.  Then seasoned it with salt and pepper.
 There were ten baskets of everbearing strawberries.  I brought to house six hopping that they will survive the winter in these baskets.
 I planted one row of radishes and two rows of Detroit red beets.
The Topaz melon in house one is dying.  They may have been watered to often.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment