Followers

Friday, November 9, 2018

Beets are Gone

After breakfast and the news I worked at the desktop computer and finally was able to make a business card.  It contains the information needed to recruit CSA members or customers.
I went out to house two to prepare the vegetables for the CSA box.  When I do this I  have to bend over to wash and rinse the beets or onions.  I made a higher bench with blocks, bricks, and two 3x4's.  It worked much better but was still not high enough.  I spent an hour to save a half hour.  I do that all the time.  This save on my back.  I half fill each bucket with water.  I wash off most of the soil in the first bucket and rinse in the other two buckets.
About ten I made another CSA box.  I pulled the rest of the red beets.  I was able to make five bunches.  I picked five cucumber.
All that is left of the beets are a few dried up leaves.
After lunch I raked the leaves on the back lawn.  Raking is not entirely right.  I used a blow to make piles and then used a rake or scoop shovel to get the leaves onto the tarp.  I laid the tarp on the lawn and then used a steel pipe to hold down the edge facing the leaves.
 In the case I used the scoop shovel to load the tarp with leaves.
 I grabbed four corners of the tarp, pulled them together and put them over my shoulder.
I am making no till garden with straw, leaves, cucumber, and corn stalks.  Most of it should be decomposed by nest spring.


Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment