Followers

Monday, June 15, 2020

I have four sweet potato rooted cuttings that I wanted to get planted.  I pulled up all of the radish plants.  There were a few good ones, but I put them in the compost pile anyway.   I thought that I got a picture of the new piece that was added but I couldn't find it on my smart phone.

I found four five foot pieces of 2x6 redwood boards.  I was making a new frame to put on top of the old one.   I walked out to the greenhouse to get the wheel barrow.  I wanted some compost for the sweet potato raised bed.  Shane England and his wife, Jenifer, were there.  I asked him for the location of the wheel barrow.  It had some tree branches on it.  He dumped them.  Jenifer asked me about native plants.  She wanted a list.  There were some claret-cup cacti.  I gave them to her.  She asked a lot of questions about gardening.  I showed her our garden.  I figured it was part my ministering.
I didn't get the picture of the sweet potato addition that I make because of the distractions.
I loaded the up the wheel barrow and could hardly move it, because the tire needed more air.  I put air in the tire.  The wheel rubbed against the barrow and I could hardly move it.  Well I oiled the axel and that didn't help.  I took off the wheel and put a shim under each brace.  That fixed the problem.
I put the bail of straw on its edge and put compost on it and watered it in.  I haven't decided what to plant there. 
 Here is a photo the raised bed before I soaked it with water.  Four sweet potato slips going in tomorrow. 
I put in two quarts of fertilized water in each baskets.  The ladder helped me reach the to of the baskets.
I removed the dead lemon tree.
Flag day today.  The flag caught the wind and was hanging straight.
I moved five irises to our iris garden.
 The beat are hiding our ever bearing strawberry plants.  I washed.
They are pretty large.  I will cook some for lunch tomorrow.



Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment