Followers

Friday, June 19, 2020

Mowing and Trimming

The first thing I did this morning was to take a picture of the thermostat.  I didn't put a the fan in the window last night.
There was a four degree drop over night without the fan running.

 I trimmed the edges of the lawn.  It took me over and hour.
I got the weeds by the tractor with the weed eater.  The battery went dead before I finished the lawn.

I started to mow and ran out of gas by house five.  Shane and his crew took the gas from me and filled the lawnmower tank.

They wanted to make a video history of the nursery.  They asked me questions about how I started Great Basin Natives.  We walked around the front of our yard and identified some of the native plants.
 
I dumped the weeds north of the corn instead of on the compost pile. 
There is a lot of crabgrass growing the that I covered them with grass clippings. 
 The early corn is showing silk.
 Here is another photo.
These cabbage plants are being eaten by earwigs, at least I think they are.
Near the end of the day I took my weed eater cut down the weeds that are north of house two.
The strawberry plants are growing runners.  To keep the runner in contact with the soil I made staples out of tie wire.  I pushed into the soil at the node.  Roots will grow there and start a new plant.


They decided to clean up the west end of house five which is next to our back lawn,  Here four are working.
This is how it looked when they finished.
 On the left side
 and on the right side.
I raked up all of the weeds that I cut down yesterday.
I stacked them next to the west fence

We drove to Fillmore this afternoon.  We then drove up Chalk Creek canyon quite a few miles looking for a camp ground.  We didn't find so we turned around and came home.

The thermostat temperature tonight is 75 degrees. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment