Followers

Thursday, June 4, 2020

More Pruning

Taking the garbage to the dump was the first thing after breakfast that we did this morning. 
I was sitting on the patio chair this morning and watching a small pretty bird chirping from tree branch to tree branch.  I took the picture, but don't know if I got the bird or not.
The runner bean that I planted earlier this week are growing.  There is one in the center of this picture.
These yellow Foxtail lilies are really pretty this year.
The purple Alliums are found in various locations in our yard.

This morning I got everything in the garden watered.  I also did a lot of weeding.  The weeds missed a couple of days ago were small or tiny.  Today they were much larger.  I used a shovel and a stirrup hoe to take them out.
There are dead and broken limbs and branches in this seedless locust tree.  I attached a saw to and eight foot firing strip.  I climbed the stepladder and sawed away.   All I did was to scratch. the limb a little.

A couple of days ago a huge limb broke off the Flamingo Maple tree.  I leaned the ladder against the tree to cut off the remains of the limb.
The part that I cut off if a little above the crotch. 
This is the view after I cut of the piece.
My smart phone camera wouldn't work right.  I ended up with a selfie. 
Almost everyday we drive up and down the streets of Holden.  Today we were a little bit earlier.  As we turned on to the Woodhill road, this can of gas was laying on its side in the middle of the road.  I put it on the edge of the road and posted the photo and location on Face Book. 
This is a photo in full color, but to color because it is black and white.   It is covered with what is called blow sand.  Of course it is mostly white.  The cats use this place by the back porch as their bathroom.  Their are sandhills west of Holden where we got a bucket of sand.  I covered their potty place with the sand.  The cats now potty some where else.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment