Followers

Friday, June 5, 2020

Weeding in the Garden

Started the watering the east lawn.  I started at the north end of the east lawn and let it run for fifty minuets.   I moved it to the south once and then we went to Fillmore for our weekly shopping.  I made a house payment at Zions bank.  We then went to the Fillmore Market for some groceries.  We wore our masks.  There were a few more people in the store.  Not many were wearing masks.  We see some of the same people at eight each morning. 

I had two PVC part to take back to Ropers'.  I bought a ten inch circular blades,  tie wire, and a pair of safety glasses.    We then came home.  I watered the baskets and moved the hose to the south again. 

Our neighbor to the north of us had a backpack sprayer on his back.  He was spraying weeds.
I planned to spray weeds this morning, but forgot until I saw Wade Lemon, our neighbor.  I filled up the tank and started some where I park the truck.  I then worked down the west of the driveway.  There were a lot of small weeds and a lot of puncture vine.  The largest were about four inches long.

I did a little watering and a lot of weeding in the garden.  The sun was hot on my back.  I stopped and rested a couple of times. 
I took the old blade from the table saw and put it on the miter saw.  I took off some nuts and screws where I put one of the screws, I have now idea where it was.  I watched a video that showed how to change blades.  It said that I should not take off one of the nuts.  I already did.  I tried numerous times to put the parts back together.  Finally I got it all together and i was missing one small bolt.  I looked everywhere for it.  I found one that might work, but it was way to small.  I found another one that seemed to be the right size, but the thread didn't match the hole.  It called for a metric thread.

I went back to Ropers'.  Another customer was in the same section where the nuts and bolts were.  He helped me find the right cap bolt.  It cost forty-five cents.  I hurried home.  I changed the blade again with a plywood blade.  I put it back together.  I tried it out on a several different board and a short 2x4.  It made a really smooth cut. 
Earlier in the day Alisha Bills called and wanted to know what to do with her currant bush that was nearly laying on the ground.  I got a wooden stake, a sledge hammer, and some twine.  It was laying close to the ground because of the wind and it was heavy with currents.   I pounded in the stake and tied the bush to it..



Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment