Followers

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Peas and More Peas

First thing we did after breakfast was to go over to the Masner's and bring take the garbage container out to the road.  I then started picking the peas.
We have two litters of kittens this spring.  We have seen as many as six kittens at one time.  The above photo shows and orange kitten and a black kitten in the same dish.
I started picking peas around nine.  The peas are on a two foot wire trellis so they are not on the ground.   I had to bend over some and after a while my back began to ack. I got a lawn chair and was able to sit most of the time.  I would pick and put them in the tote.  I then moved the chair and the tote.
I picked a tote full of peas.  Carol washed them and then we set down together on the sofa with the tote between us. It took about two hours to shell all the peas.  Carol blanched them and we put them on two large cookie sheets and then put them in the freezer.   Late this afternoon,  We put the frozen peas in two zip lock freezer bags.
I really like my new weed eater.  I looked for weeds to cut down.  There was a lot of foxtail, cheat grass, and wild lettuce north of house greenhouse three.  I worked out there and cut them down.  I weed eated until the battery went dead.  I took about three hours re-charge it.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment