Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Garden is Growing

I am seeing a dermatologist at 11:30 this morning.  I have a lot of pre-cancer things on the right side of my face.  After breakfast I started hoeing weeds in the garden.
The zoochini is coming up.  When I looked at it this morning,  some bug ate of the leaves of most of them.  There is a one left.   I hoed most of the weeds in the potatoes, cabbage, and a row of tomato plants.
I cut off the tops of the poinsettias, hoping for new stems and flowers 
I found two Blue Lake pole beans.  One is ready to pick and the other one is small.

While I was seeing the dermatologist Carol did some shopping.  I was in the exam room for about five minutes.  I made a deposit at State Bank and at the credit union.  I payed a bill at Zions Bank.  We order chicken at Five Buck pizza.  It took about fifteen minutes for them to get it ready.  We came home and ate it.
 I put up this twenty foot pipe.  It is above a row of tomato plants that are about eighteen inches apart.  I will train the tomatoes to follow twine  trellis which is will be hooked to the pipe.
It was quite a project.  I drilled holes through the pipes.  I pounded the pipe into the ground.   I bolted an eight foot 2x2 to the pipe.   It took several hours to get the three supports.  I used tie wire as well
as bolts.  A stepladder was helpful. 
I screwed two brackets, one each side to hold the horizontal pipe in place. 
I could not get the hole in the pipe to line up with the hole 2x2, so I wired them together with tie wire.
One of them I got the hole right at the top, but the bottom I wired together. 
I pulled a carrot but it broke because of the hard ground.  I watered all the vegetables in the raised beds.  It was much easier to pull the carrots.   I washed them and took them into the house where I cut off the tops.  They are in a zip bag in the fridge.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment