Followers

Friday, June 12, 2020

Shopping, Meds, and Bait

We usually shop Friday morning at eight.  This morning we went at nine, because we had to have our prescriptions filled.   We got the groceries first.  There were a few of us that had our masks on. At the pharmacy Carol had two fill and I had one.  We had to wait quite awhile as there were people ahead of us.  They wouldn't fill mine because it was already filled at Sam's Club.  He said that I could get ninety tabs for about $17.00.  That is pretty cheap.
The early corn is starting to tassel.  This is a new variety that we haven't tried before.  I watered almost everything.  I did a lot of weeding while watching the water. 
We were expecting company tonight.  They would get Carol's bedroom and Carol would sleep with me in my bedroom.   The tub didn't have a stopper.  I bought one while were in Fillmore.  We then wouldn't have to go to the main bathroom bathe.

Earwigs have damaged the Pole beans.  I went online to see what will kill them.  I was and equal mix of Olive oil and Soy Sauce.  I found a couple of small portion cups, but I needed a lid.  In the pantry there was a pint plastic peanut butter container I thought might work.   

Then I found a glass half pint bottle.  I found a lid and drilled five holes.   One at four edges and then one in the middle.   I put the the mix in the bottle.
I made a deep hole next the Blue Lake pole beans.
 I put it in the hole and covered soil against the lid. 
I did the same with a  fourth quart bottle on the other side of the bean hoops.
I read the directions again and the hole should be a quarter inch.  I re-dilled the holes with a quarter inch bit.

I have done this before and the cats have eaten the bait.  A lid and ring on the bottle prevents cats from eating the mix.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment