Followers

Monday, June 8, 2020

Irrigation #2

We were notified yesterday, Sunday, that we would have our water turn this morning at six.  It is getting light at six, so I asked Chuck, the water master,  if it would be alright to take the water at seven.   He approved.  I got the pipes lined out and it was about 6:45 when I took the water.
I started with the water on the east side of the house.  The pipe started at the apple tree and ended on the east side of Snail Hill.
This show the water entering the pipe at the main ditch.   There was a lot of water and it got pretty high in the ditch.  I took picture and then let the water run down the ditch to Dearden's.
I put a cap that had a two inch hole on the end of the pipe at Stephenson's. 
I took the cap off the pipe and the water run down to the grapes and asparagus.    After the water made it way to the end of the rows, I put the cap back on.
I put the gated pipe on which started water running down the east lawn.
We had a lot of irrigation water.  It ran off the front lawn, across our driveway, and even went past Raymond and Ann Stephenson's house.
I then started the water running on the back lawn.  I had to shut the water of to put the camp on the --end of the pipe.
I put together these two inch PVC pipes for watering part of the front lawn.  It worked perfectly.  I could have had the outlets further apart. 
I would got up the source of our water.  This is where the water would enter into the pipe that takes the water to our yard.  I used a metal broom rake to remove the floating leaves and small stems. remove the screen that catches the debris because it plugged. 
I asked Wade Lemon if he would move the pile of compost behind greenhouse three.  One of his his workers did it today.  The yellow object is the skid steer that he owns.
He has finish moving the pile of compost, and is smoothing the area.
The job is completed.
Our irrigation water had run down the barrow pit.  It was really muddy as he drove back and forth.  The pile of compost is in the back if the picture.
Here is the road, the tracks that he made, and the hole that filled up with water.
The compost is piled next to our garden where I can use a wheel barrow to move it around in the garden.
The water continues to come up throw this clean-out pipe.  It run in the Chapman's yard.  I called and she said that it would be okay.
The water run back into our yard and covered some of the hemp plants.  Shane wanted me to stop the water from running into the hemp plants.
Here is another photo from a different direction.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Carol went to the hospital to have some lab work done this morning.  She the got an appointment this afternoon at 3:30.  We checked about a quarter after and waited there for about and hour before we talked to the doctor.  The result of the examination was and EKG and an x-ray on her knees.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment