Followers

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

One More Trip to the Dump

Carol asked me several days ago to pick some alliums and Fox Tail lilies.
So this morning I do it before I get busy with other things.  I also picked one stem of a Monarda flower.  She put it together in the arrangement.  She did a nice job.  The Alliums are a purple color and the Fox Tail lilies are yellow.  The Monarda is in the center and is the tallest. 
The tomato cuttings are looking fairly good.  They are hard to see in the photo.  It takes a trained eye to see them.
I pulled these radishes to take to the post office.  I got three sandwich bags.  Pill bugs have damaged most of them.
Yesterday the chain came off the chainsaw.  I put it on twice yesterday and that the chain going the wrong direction.  I got it right and the chain came of as soon as I started it.    This morning I watched the video again and got it right the first time.  I cut down some small trees yesterday and didn't have room on the truck.  I cut those into smaller pieces.
I turned the water on our new corn.  When I came back later, the water did not go very far.  I turned more water on it and forgot about it.  When I remembered, the water was all the way down to the end of the row.
The corn needs weeding.  There are a lot of red root and wild lettuce.  I hoed most of them out.   The row was quite wet so I decided to come back tomorrow and hoe out the rest of the weeds.  I did a lot of weeding this afternoon.  Much of the time was on my hands and knees with s small hoe.
After supper I harvested  rhubarb.  I cut them with scissors into small pieces.  Of course I washed them and cut off and bad ends.
I put them quart freezer bags.  Their is nearly two cups in each bag.

I neighbors to the south of us are building a large garage/shop.



Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment